CIF taking names for All-Century teams
August 28, 2013
SACRAMENTO – In anticipation of the upcoming 100th anniversary celebration, the California Interscholastic Federation is now accepting nominations for its All-Century teams. All former student-athletes who demonstrated significant athletic contribution in CIF-approved high school athletics are eligible, and anyone can nominate a student-athlete they feel is worthy. During the 2014-15 school year, voting for the All-Century Teams will take place.
Nominations for the CIF All-Century teams will be accepted on the cifstate.org website. Fall sports nominations will be accepted September-November; winter sports nominations will be accepted December-February; and spring nominations will be accepted March-May. Please visit http://cifstate.org for information.
Additionally, the CIF is gathering stories of former student-athletes on how high school sports had an impact on their lives. That is the real story of the CIF, which is seeking the public's help to gather those stories. Please visit http://cifstate.org for information.
"We are eager to begin the festivities for the 100th anniversary celebration and get everyone's input on who's who in education-based athletics in California," said CIF Executive Director Roger L. Blake. "We also look forward to hearing the stories as told by our former student-athletes on how high school sports impacted their lives."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- FORD: A look back at the Sacramento Kings’ best and worst draft day decisions
- MOTO: Local rider Anson Maloney gears up for International Six Day Enduro race in France
- CYCLING: Riekert wins mens pro race at 57th annual Nevada City Classic
- INDYCAR: Alexander Rossi unveils new line of merchandise
- NBA DRAFT: Kings take De’Aaron Fox, Justin Jackson and Harry Giles in 1st round
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands