Bruins beat Foothill to notch first league win
November 9, 2013
Bear River mostly had its way with Foothill and finished the 2013 season with a 45-19 victory Friday night.
The Bruins' Brad Botsford had touchdown runs of 3 and 7 yards to lead the offense, while John Voter III took back a 29-yard interception for a score. Botsford also contributed on the defensive end in the first half with a 15-yard fumble return for a touchdown.
Blake Nielson added a field goal for Bear River, and Michael Tipton took in a score from 3 yards out in the second quarter. Quarterback Austin Smith completed a 15-yard touchdown pass to Hunter Cramer in the third/
Foothill quarterback David Carter had three touchdown passes in the game. The game was a battle between two teams that had yet to earn a Pioneer Valley League win. With the victory, Bear River finishes the season at 6-4 overall, 1-4 in the PVL, but will miss the playoffs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- GIVING BACK: Annual Lake Wildwood golf fundraiser aids injured vets
- PREP FOOTBALL: A look at several must see games in the upcoming season
- YOUTH SWIMMING: Northern Sierra makes splash in Redding
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth