Bruins beat Foothill to notch first league win
November 9, 2013
Bear River mostly had its way with Foothill and finished the 2013 season with a 45-19 victory Friday night.
The Bruins' Brad Botsford had touchdown runs of 3 and 7 yards to lead the offense, while John Voter III took back a 29-yard interception for a score. Botsford also contributed on the defensive end in the first half with a 15-yard fumble return for a touchdown.
Blake Nielson added a field goal for Bear River, and Michael Tipton took in a score from 3 yards out in the second quarter. Quarterback Austin Smith completed a 15-yard touchdown pass to Hunter Cramer in the third/
Foothill quarterback David Carter had three touchdown passes in the game. The game was a battle between two teams that had yet to earn a Pioneer Valley League win. With the victory, Bear River finishes the season at 6-4 overall, 1-4 in the PVL, but will miss the playoffs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws