Bruins beat Foothill to notch first league win
November 9, 2013
Bear River mostly had its way with Foothill and finished the 2013 season with a 45-19 victory Friday night.
The Bruins' Brad Botsford had touchdown runs of 3 and 7 yards to lead the offense, while John Voter III took back a 29-yard interception for a score. Botsford also contributed on the defensive end in the first half with a 15-yard fumble return for a touchdown.
Blake Nielson added a field goal for Bear River, and Michael Tipton took in a score from 3 yards out in the second quarter. Quarterback Austin Smith completed a 15-yard touchdown pass to Hunter Cramer in the third/
Foothill quarterback David Carter had three touchdown passes in the game. The game was a battle between two teams that had yet to earn a Pioneer Valley League win. With the victory, Bear River finishes the season at 6-4 overall, 1-4 in the PVL, but will miss the playoffs.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River, Forest Lake Christian girls advance; Nevada Union bounced
- FORD: Sacramento Kings need culture change in front office
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union alums Maxwell, Houlihan shine on diamond
- NORDIC SKI: Lady Miners place 2nd at state championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian boys fall to Sac Adventist; FLC girls gear up for 2nd round mathcup with Valley Christian