Boys basketball: Pinewood downs Forest Lake Christian in NorCal D-V boys tourney
March 13, 2014
The Forest Lake Christian boys basketball team's season came to a close Wednesday in the Los Altos Hills as the Falcons fell to Pinewood in the first round of the CIF NorCal D-V boys basketball tournament.
Luke Jordan led the Falcons with 15 points, but it wasn't enough to take down the Central Coast Section D-V champion Panthers.
Pinewood will now face St. Joseph Notre Dame.
The loss concludes a strong season by the Falcons, who won 25 games and won the Central Valley California League title for the first time since 2009.
Forest Lake Christian will say goodbye to seniors Chase Augustino (15.8 points per game), Tim Scneider (2.5 points per game), J.J. Griffiths (6.2 points per game, 2.8 steals), Roman Makovey (3.4 points, per game, 4.3 rebounds), Tyler Young (2.8 points per game), Jacob Yarborough (6 points per game, 44 rebounds), Owen Swinney, Sean Kadera and Jordan (16.2 points per game).
Trending In: Sports
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum