Boys basketball: Pinewood downs Forest Lake Christian in NorCal D-V boys tourney
March 13, 2014
The Forest Lake Christian boys basketball team's season came to a close Wednesday in the Los Altos Hills as the Falcons fell to Pinewood in the first round of the CIF NorCal D-V boys basketball tournament.
Luke Jordan led the Falcons with 15 points, but it wasn't enough to take down the Central Coast Section D-V champion Panthers.
Pinewood will now face St. Joseph Notre Dame.
The loss concludes a strong season by the Falcons, who won 25 games and won the Central Valley California League title for the first time since 2009.
Forest Lake Christian will say goodbye to seniors Chase Augustino (15.8 points per game), Tim Scneider (2.5 points per game), J.J. Griffiths (6.2 points per game, 2.8 steals), Roman Makovey (3.4 points, per game, 4.3 rebounds), Tyler Young (2.8 points per game), Jacob Yarborough (6 points per game, 44 rebounds), Owen Swinney, Sean Kadera and Jordan (16.2 points per game).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union’s Hooper Stadium set to get new turf
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)