Boys basketball: Pinewood downs Forest Lake Christian in NorCal D-V boys tourney
March 13, 2014
The Forest Lake Christian boys basketball team's season came to a close Wednesday in the Los Altos Hills as the Falcons fell to Pinewood in the first round of the CIF NorCal D-V boys basketball tournament.
Luke Jordan led the Falcons with 15 points, but it wasn't enough to take down the Central Coast Section D-V champion Panthers.
Pinewood will now face St. Joseph Notre Dame.
The loss concludes a strong season by the Falcons, who won 25 games and won the Central Valley California League title for the first time since 2009.
Forest Lake Christian will say goodbye to seniors Chase Augustino (15.8 points per game), Tim Scneider (2.5 points per game), J.J. Griffiths (6.2 points per game, 2.8 steals), Roman Makovey (3.4 points, per game, 4.3 rebounds), Tyler Young (2.8 points per game), Jacob Yarborough (6 points per game, 44 rebounds), Owen Swinney, Sean Kadera and Jordan (16.2 points per game).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom