Basketball: Camacho out as Forest Lake Christian coach
April 4, 2014
Forest Lake Christian High School Athletic Director Steve Koch confirmed Friday that Jason Camacho was let go as head coach of the boys varsity basketball team.
"We have another coach in mind and wanted to go in a different direction," Koch said. Koch would not disclose who the other coach is.
"Jason has done some wonderful things for the program," Koch added. "We love him and appreciate all that he has done."
The firing comes on the heels of one of Forest Lake Christian's best seasons in recent memory and just a month after Camacho was named the 2013-14 Central Valley California League Co-Coach of the Year for boys basketball season
"Sucks, but it's all good," Camacho said in a text to The Union. "Just waiting to see what the Lord has in plan for me."
Camacho was an off-campus coach who assisted former boys basketball coach Dave Thomas for many years before taking over the head coaching position on his own two seasons ago.
In his two-years at the helm of the Falcons team he went 44-13 overall and 20-4 in Central Valley Christian League games. FLC won 25 games this past season, won the CVCL title for the first time since the 2008-09 season and Camacho was named the league's Co-Coach of the Year as his Falcons won two playoff games and earned a berth into the NorCal Division-V Tournament.
To contact Sports Editor Walter Ford, call 530-477-4232 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball