Basketball: Bear River’s defense too much for Lincoln
January 23, 2014
The Bear River girls basketball team dropped the hammer on Lincoln, topping the Lady Zebras, 39-21, Wednesday in a showing of the Lady Bruins’ defensive prowess.
Leading the charge for Bear River was senior team captain Kaitlyn Reina with a double-double. Reina scored 18 points, nearly matching Lincoln’s game total, and pulled down 11 rebounds to go with four steals.
Jennifer Alberts added eight points for the Lady Bruins, Lauren Runte scored six points, Maddi Dunn chipped in four points, and Teryn Rath grabbed eight rebounds in the win.
The win pushes Bear River’s winning streak to eight games and is its second straight Pioneer Valley League win.
The Lady Bruins (15-2, 2-0) hit the court again Friday when they host Colfax.
Frosh: Bear River 33, Lincoln 29
The Lady Bruins evened their PVL record at 1-1 with a four-point win over the Lady Zebras.
Bear River was led by Vivian Hamilton with 10 points, Katie Edie added nine points, and Allysa Pulkinghorn scored eight in the win.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit