Basketball: Bear River’s defense too much for Lincoln
January 23, 2014
The Bear River girls basketball team dropped the hammer on Lincoln, topping the Lady Zebras, 39-21, Wednesday in a showing of the Lady Bruins' defensive prowess.
Leading the charge for Bear River was senior team captain Kaitlyn Reina with a double-double. Reina scored 18 points, nearly matching Lincoln's game total, and pulled down 11 rebounds to go with four steals.
Jennifer Alberts added eight points for the Lady Bruins, Lauren Runte scored six points, Maddi Dunn chipped in four points, and Teryn Rath grabbed eight rebounds in the win.
The win pushes Bear River's winning streak to eight games and is its second straight Pioneer Valley League win.
The Lady Bruins (15-2, 2-0) hit the court again Friday when they host Colfax.
Frosh: Bear River 33, Lincoln 29
The Lady Bruins evened their PVL record at 1-1 with a four-point win over the Lady Zebras.
Bear River was led by Vivian Hamilton with 10 points, Katie Edie added nine points, and Allysa Pulkinghorn scored eight in the win.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. Deadline for submission is 10 p.m. Monday through Friday and 5 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed