Barbara Schmidt-Millar clinics start today
July 8, 2013
The first of a series of training clinics begin today for those interested in participating in the Barbara Schmidt-Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon Sept. 15 at Cascade Shores.
The women's-only event features a half-mile swim, 11 mile bike ride and three mile run. Women can opt to do all three legs by themselves, or as a team. Learn more about how to prepare for a triathlon at the First-Timer's/Training Clinic from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. today, presented by Tiana Rockwell and hosted at Club Sierra, 130 West Berryhill Drive in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-477-8800 or go to http://www.bsmtri.org for more about the event, additional clinics and registration.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball