Amgen Tour coming through Auburn
May 20, 2014
California is preparing to welcome the most accomplished field of cycling superstars ever to compete on U.S. soil for the 2014 Amgen Tour of California set to take place May 11-18.
The Amgen Tour of California is the largest cycling event in America and one of the top races in the world. Now in its ninth year, 2014 promises the strongest peloton from top to bottom yet, featuring a roster complete with Olympians, World and National Champions, Grand Tour stage winners, and the only cyclist to win the Tour de France and Olympic gold in the same year (Team Sky's Bradley Wiggins in 2012).
"Each year, our goal is to make the Amgen Tour of California the best one yet, and I believe this is going to be an absolutely unprecedented year of racing with so many top performers at the international level," said Kristin Bachochin, executive director of the race and senior vice president of AEG Sports. "We are eager for fans to experience the thrill of watching some of the most accomplished cyclists in the world competing here in California."
The 2014 Amgen Tour of California will feature 16 of the top teams in the world battling for victory across more than 720 miles of iconic California terrain from Sacramento to Thousand Oaks, passing through 10 other host communities in between.
“Each year, our goal is to make the Amgen Tour of California the best one yet...”
senior VP of AEG Sports
The tour will be making its way through Auburn Sunday as part of the Sacramento leg that kicks off the tour.
For the most robust cycling fans, customized VIP Experiences have been created to provide fans the opportunity to go behind the scenes of the race, watch the post-race press conference with the day's leaders (closed to the public) and even ride in a team car during the race. For more details, contact email@example.com or 1-877-234-8425.
There are plenty of ways to take in the pro action, whether in person on the race course May 11 – 18, via daily broadcasts on NBC Sports Network and NBC Sports (final Sunday), or by downloading the free Tour Tracker app, which features live race updates, rider background and full race results. More information on all of the ways to watch is available at http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial