Alumni notebook: Soria shines in NY league
June 10, 2014
Shane Soria, a 2012 Forest Lake Christian graduate, helped the Rochester Ridgemen of the New York Collegiate Summer League win five of their first seven games. Soria, playing the outfield, went 12-for-24 in the seven-game stretch, including a double, a triple, six runs scored, four batted in and two stolen bases.
Soria was named the league's Batter of the Day for his efforts June 2 against the Geneva Twins in which he was 3-for-3 with a triple, an RBI and two runs scored.
Josh Roenicke (Nevada Union '01; Syracuse Chiefs) took his third loss of the season from the mound as the Chiefs fell to the Indianapolis Indians, 11-2, June 4. Roenicke was relieved after allowing six earned runs through 3.1 innings of work. The hard throwing righty is 1-3 this season with a 4.97 ERA.
If you know of a college or professional athlete with local ties, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4232.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- CROSSFIT: Shaun Havard, Will Havard gear up for 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games
- ROLLER DERBY: Growing Outlaws team seeks sponsors, new members
- MARTIAL ARTS: Gold Mountain Invitational Youth tourney raises funds for Child Advocates
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Maxwell helps Gold Sox to victory
- Barbara Schmidt Millar Celebration of Life Triathlon set for September, proceeds will fund mammograms and scholarships
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair