Alumni notebook: Soria shines in NY league
June 10, 2014
Shane Soria, a 2012 Forest Lake Christian graduate, helped the Rochester Ridgemen of the New York Collegiate Summer League win five of their first seven games. Soria, playing the outfield, went 12-for-24 in the seven-game stretch, including a double, a triple, six runs scored, four batted in and two stolen bases.
Soria was named the league's Batter of the Day for his efforts June 2 against the Geneva Twins in which he was 3-for-3 with a triple, an RBI and two runs scored.
Josh Roenicke (Nevada Union '01; Syracuse Chiefs) took his third loss of the season from the mound as the Chiefs fell to the Indianapolis Indians, 11-2, June 4. Roenicke was relieved after allowing six earned runs through 3.1 innings of work. The hard throwing righty is 1-3 this season with a 4.97 ERA.
If you know of a college or professional athlete with local ties, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball