Alumni Notebook: Scott leads all scorers, splits
January 28, 2013
Patrick Scott , a 2009 Bear River graduate, led the Sonoma State basketball squad in scoring in two road games last week and split, losing Thursday versus Cal Poly Pomona and winning Saturday at Humboldt State.
In Thursday 70-61 loss, Scott scored a game-high 25 points, shooting 8-of-16 from the floor, including seven 3-pointers and five boards. In the first half, Sonoma State fell behind by six points early but rallied back to take a 28-26 lead into the locker room. The Seawolves extended their led to six in the opening minutes of the second half, but Cal Poly Pomona went on a 24-13 run to reclaim an 11-point lead midway through the second half. Scott's hot hand kept the game close, and the Seawolves tied the game 56-56 with five minutes to play, but the Bronocs found open shots as three of their players finished scoring in double digits to hold on for the victory.
Sonoma State bounced back with a huge win against the Lumberjacks of Humboldt State Saturday, 62-58. Scott scored a game-high 17 points but only shot 4-of-17 from the floor, including eight free throws to go along with seven rebounds and a pair of steals. The Seawolves struggled offensively, shooting just 38.3-percent as a team as they trailed 31-23 at the break. The Lumberjacks extended their lead to 11 points midway through the second half, but from there, Sonoma State found its stride and went on a 19-2 run capped off by a 3-pointer by Scott to take a 56-50 lead with about three minutes remaining. The Seawolves never relinquished their lead as Scott sunk
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK AND FIELD: Records fall at Union Hill Invitational
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Josh Roenicke having strong season in Mexico
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- INDYCAR: Rossi qualifies on the front row for Indy 500
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier