Alumni notebook: Bartlomé helps Republic crush Riverhounds, Roenicke comes out Chiefs bullpen
August 7, 2014
Chad Bartlomé, a 2001 Nevada Union graduate and forward with the Sacramento Republic, helped the Capital city soccer team set a new USL PRO single season attendance record with its ninth sellout of the regular season Sunday.
The Republic’s 118,107 season attendance surpassed the previous record of 112,748 which was set by Orlando City SC in 2013, according to http://www.sacrepublicfc.com.
To make the day even more joyous, the Republic clobbered the Pittsburgh Riverhounds 5-0.
On the season Bartlomé has played in 16 games, starting seven, he has one goal, two assists and taken 13 shots.
Sacramento is 10-6-3 this year and is currently in fourth in the USL PRO League standings
The Republic play their home games at Bonney Field in Sacramento, and tickets can be purchased at the field and at http://www.sacrepublicfc.com
Josh Roenicke (Nevada Union ‘01 — Syracuse Chiefs-Triple-A) came out of the Chiefs bullpen last week, appearing in one game and throwing two innings of relief against the Buffalo Bisons.
Roenicke allowed two unearned runs on one hit while striking out two in a 3-1 loss. He did not factor into the decision.
It was the eighth time Roenicke had come out of the bullpen for the Chiefs (a Washington Nationals affiliate), but it was the first time since May. Roenicke had been a starter up until the recent relief appearance.
On the season, Roenicke is 4-5 with an ERA of 5.02 in 75.1 innings of work. The veteran righty has started 14 games for Syracuse and come out of the bullpen in eight other games.
The Chiefs are 62-47 overall and lead the International League North by two games over the Rochester Red Wings.
Have we missed anyone? If you know of a college or professional athlete with local ties, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI: Nevada Union alumna Woodward pins down All-American status
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Bear River, Forest Lake Christian discover playoff paths
- CYCLING: Nevada City Dirt Classic, YBONC team up with USA Cycling
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian crushes Lutheran in 1st round of playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River graduate Nerissa Eason dominant in first college starts
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location