Alumni notebook: Bartlomé helps Republic crush Riverhounds, Roenicke comes out Chiefs bullpen
August 7, 2014
Chad Bartlomé, a 2001 Nevada Union graduate and forward with the Sacramento Republic, helped the Capital city soccer team set a new USL PRO single season attendance record with its ninth sellout of the regular season Sunday.
The Republic's 118,107 season attendance surpassed the previous record of 112,748 which was set by Orlando City SC in 2013, according to http://www.sacrepublicfc.com.
To make the day even more joyous, the Republic clobbered the Pittsburgh Riverhounds 5-0.
On the season Bartlomé has played in 16 games, starting seven, he has one goal, two assists and taken 13 shots.
Sacramento is 10-6-3 this year and is currently in fourth in the USL PRO League standings
The Republic play their home games at Bonney Field in Sacramento, and tickets can be purchased at the field and at http://www.sacrepublicfc.com
Josh Roenicke (Nevada Union '01 — Syracuse Chiefs-Triple-A) came out of the Chiefs bullpen last week, appearing in one game and throwing two innings of relief against the Buffalo Bisons.
Roenicke allowed two unearned runs on one hit while striking out two in a 3-1 loss. He did not factor into the decision.
It was the eighth time Roenicke had come out of the bullpen for the Chiefs (a Washington Nationals affiliate), but it was the first time since May. Roenicke had been a starter up until the recent relief appearance.
On the season, Roenicke is 4-5 with an ERA of 5.02 in 75.1 innings of work. The veteran righty has started 14 games for Syracuse and come out of the bullpen in eight other games.
The Chiefs are 62-47 overall and lead the International League North by two games over the Rochester Red Wings.
Have we missed anyone? If you know of a college or professional athlete with local ties, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- TRACK & FIELD: World, American records fall at Sierra Gold Masters Track and Field Festival
- COLLEGE BOUND: Nevada Union student athletes make college commitments
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union track and field qualifies four to Masters Meet
- YOUTH BASEBALL: Gold Country Bears claw way to tourney title
- PREP SOFTBALL: Bear River Lady Bruins bring hot bats into next round of playoffs
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death