Despite a determination by Grass Valley’s city attorney, all indications are that there was a violation of the Brown Act this week when a city oversight board met Monday without providing proper prior notice of the meeting to the public. The Brown Act, passed in 1953, guarantees the public’s right to attend and participate in meetings of local legislative bodies.
Our View: Lack of notice might not be illegal, but it’s not right
Trending in: Sports
- Bear River blows lead, falls to West Valley in NorCal tourney
- Boys basketball: Pinewood downs Forest Lake Christian in NorCal D-V boys tourney
- Prep Roundup: Bear River, Nevada Union baseball notch wins
- Amaral named youth Coach of Year
- Lady Miners take second straight CNISSF women’s title