Despite a determination by Grass Valley’s city attorney, all indications are that there was a violation of the Brown Act this week when a city oversight board met Monday without providing proper prior notice of the meeting to the public. The Brown Act, passed in 1953, guarantees the public’s right to attend and participate in meetings of local legislative bodies.
Our View: Lack of notice might not be illegal, but it’s not right
Trending in: Sports
- Swimmer Baldoni signs with Seattle University
- Miners vs. Niners: Nevada Union set to take on San Francisco 49ers in fundraising basketball game
- Prep roundup: Bear River, Nevada Union lose in tournament play
- Volleyball: Nevada Union shines bright in Vegas, eager to move forward
- Prep roundup: NU, Bear River, FLC baseball compete in spring tourneys