What is “chained CPI,” the new measure of inflation Obama proposes using for indexing Social Security benefits? It means if the price of groceries increases, instead of calculating the increased cost of the same bag of groceries, the assumption is made that less expensive items will be purchased. So, I ask, if seniors who are barely getting by on their Social Security payments, have to resort to buying cat food in order to pay the rent and the PG&E bill, will that be the basis of their new Social Security payment?
Stop subsidizing oil companies and hedge fund managers
Trending in: Sports
- Bear River soccer remains in playoff hunt after win over Lincoln
- Prep roundup: Lowe leads NU golf past Roseville
- Prep teams to keep an eye on as the playoffs approach
- Renslow: Microcosms of life found in golf
- Prep roundup: Nevada Union baseball holds on to beat Del Oro