What is “chained CPI,” the new measure of inflation Obama proposes using for indexing Social Security benefits? It means if the price of groceries increases, instead of calculating the increased cost of the same bag of groceries, the assumption is made that less expensive items will be purchased. So, I ask, if seniors who are barely getting by on their Social Security payments, have to resort to buying cat food in order to pay the rent and the PG&E bill, will that be the basis of their new Social Security payment?
Stop subsidizing oil companies and hedge fund managers
Trending in: Sports
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Suburban Propane’s Player of the Week: Matt Lopez
- Nevada Union track & field strikes gold at Del Oro invite
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run