A 5K Walk/Jog Leukemia Fundraiser in honor of Bear River High School senior Austin Dowling will be at the school’s track April 6. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and the 5K begins at 10 a.m. Imagine being 17 and having your senior year of high school put on hold to fight Leukemia. Dowling was blind-sided by this news Feb. 18 and since then has been in the hospital undergoing treatments with his family by his side. The community is invited to join friends and family for a fun-filled event to help raise funds to defray growing medical expenses. To register for the 5K, visit the Austin Dowling Public Event Facebook page. Donations can be sent to the Austin Dowling Leukemia Fund at El Dorado Savings Bank.
Austin Dowling fundraiser slated for April 6
Trending in: Sports
- UPDATE: Second car crash on Highway 49 in Nevada County backs traffic up
- Grass Valley man arrested after five-hour stand-off
- Caltrans: Grass Valley public meeting on Hwy. 49 widening
- Real Wheels is the real deal: Bike store's mission is to get people on bikes
- Nevada County staff removes 'No Parking' signs at Gracie Canal trail