Whether the issue at hand is U.S. policy regarding the use of drones or it’s controversy about alleged American complicity in Israel’s hellbent desire to settle its citizens in territories it occupied back in 1967, what’s really striking about the daily cascade of news from the Middle East is the constant reminder of how utterly biased our policy in the region really is. Washington, D.C., both says and does very little to banish the notion that it cares only about its Israeli surrogate and also about maintaining the smooth flow of Arabic petroleum to Western markets. This has been our approach regarding these matters for many years.
Fairness and objectivity in our Middle East policy a must
Trending in: Sports
- Nevada Union track & field strikes gold at Del Oro invite
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Suburban Propane’s Player of the Week: Matt Lopez
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record