Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Sports
- Pouring on the resources brings Lowell Fire to 60% containment (VIDEO)
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- Local fire units quash vegetation fire on Litton Trail
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire