Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Sports
- Miners vs. Niners: Nevada Union set to take on San Francisco 49ers in fundraising basketball game
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Renslow: Sometimes greens need a little breathier