I was in the audience recently at the board of supervisors when Doyel Shamley made his presentation. Please note that the “call” to attend was a concern about property rights and government regulations. At least half of the crowd were not residents of Nevada County. The main theme of Mr. Shamley’s presentation was, in essence, to say the way to avoid fire hazards is to remove any restrictions to cutting and let the logging industries have at it. Thus, we will have more jobs, and more money goes to schools. Of course, no forest left … no forest fires!
A deal with the devil?
Trending in: Sports
- Nevada Union track & field strikes gold at Del Oro invite
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Suburban Propane’s Player of the Week: Matt Lopez
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record