With the majority of the work complete on the nearly $30 million project to widen Highway 49 south of Grass Valley at the intersection of La Barr Meadows Road, the California agency overseeing its construction has blind-sided local officials with a request for an added $840,000 to cover over-budgeted expenses.
Blind-sided: Highway 49 project $840K over budget
Trending in: Sports
- Miners vs. Niners: Nevada Union set to take on San Francisco 49ers in fundraising basketball game
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Renslow: Sometimes greens need a little breathier