The Truckee Police Department and the Truckee Fire Protection District have noticed the recent surge in popularity of ice-skating on Donner Lake. This is worrisome, authorities said, because while conditions in the past month have been extremely cold, the current conditions have warmed considerably and the ice is generally unstable. Northern California generally does not have the consistently cold temperatures to sustain ice on area lakes and ponds due to their size and water currents.
Skaters on Donner Lake at risk
Trending in: Sports
- Bear River blows lead, falls to West Valley in NorCal tourney
- Boys basketball: Pinewood downs Forest Lake Christian in NorCal D-V boys tourney
- Prep Roundup: Bear River, Nevada Union baseball notch wins
- Amaral named youth Coach of Year
- Lady Miners take second straight CNISSF women’s title