Songwriters Billy Bensing and Kellie Garmire will be making their debut Old 5Mile House performance Tuesday. A Philadelphia native, Bensing left for Europe and the Parisian Metro busking circuit at the age of 16. From there, his travels took him through Sydney, Los Angeles and finally a more permanent home in the foothills of the Sierra. He wrote, played and recorded music on every stop along the way. His 2005 collaboration with flutist Mary Youngblood was featured in a Grammy Award-winning CD called “Dance with the Wind.” His voice has been favorably compared with those of James Taylor, Cat Stevens and Neil Young.
Bensing, Garmire set for Old 5Mile House debut
Trending in: Sports
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Suburban Propane’s Player of the Week: Matt Lopez
- Nevada Union track & field strikes gold at Del Oro invite
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run