As I was reading Wayne Hild’s letter to the editor of Jan. 3, in which he expressed his opinion that Republicans in Congress were hurting job creation and that “Reagan’s trickle-down economics was a shell game,” I could not help but notice both the front-page article and the “open letter” published on the same day regarding the closing of Cirino’s Bar & Grill in Nevada City.
Elections do have consequences
Trending in: Sports
- Miners vs. Niners: Nevada Union set to take on San Francisco 49ers in fundraising basketball game
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Renslow: Sometimes greens need a little breathier
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up