In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board’s decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: “Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc.” and “Rank and file eligible for,” etc.
Pay raises? Now?
Trending in: Sports
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Suburban Propane’s Player of the Week: Matt Lopez
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Nevada Union’s Sumner signs to wrestle at Utah Valley University