In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board’s decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: “Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc.” and “Rank and file eligible for,” etc.
Pay raises? Now?
Trending in: Sports
- Grass Valley champs chase sprint car gold at Marysville Raceway Park
- Stampede halted against stiff competition
- Lady Miners take second straight CNISSF women’s title
- FLC tennis opens season with victory
- Amaral named youth Coach of Year
- Man reportedly tried to lure girl into SUV in Nevada County
- Modesto couple arrested for check forgery after Grass Valley traffic stop
- Thinner Winners: Partcipants shed more than 1,000 pounds
- Police blotter: Girl selling cookies a cause for concern
- Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Hermansen supports new computer-based testing