When we moved to Grass Valley in 2003 to build a home and settle here, we broke ground in February and moved in that August ... the same year! Good builder and few changes. So we were nonplused by the replacement of the rest stops at Donner Summit.
Trending in: Sports
- Miners vs. Niners: Nevada Union set to take on San Francisco 49ers in fundraising basketball game
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Renslow: Sometimes greens need a little breathier
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up