As a public school educator, I’m constantly feeling the pressure of the state budget crisis — the only given each year is that the state will ask us to do more with less. Good news is a rarity when it comes to resources. But recently a representative from the California Retired Teacher’s Association came to one of our staff meetings, gave us words of encouragement and raffled off two checks for $100! A colleague and I left that staff meeting with $100 to spend on our classrooms. It was like Christmas!
Thanks to the CRTA
Trending in: Sports
- Swimmer Baldoni signs with Seattle University
- Volleyball: Nevada Union shines bright in Vegas, eager to move forward
- Nevada Union’s Sumner signs to wrestle at Utah Valley University
- Nevada Union track & field strikes gold at Del Oro invite
- Prep roundup: Lady Bruins continue to roll in PVL play