Jack DeJong departed our world on Nov. 1, 2012, at the Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley, Calif. Born Feb. 21, 1929, to Margaret and Williiam DeJong from Holland and immigrated to the U.S. in 1908. Jack was the last survivor of six siblings, raised in Hayward, CA.
Trending in: Sports
- Reaching new heights: Bear River’s McShane vaults past school record
- Around the diamond: A look at how the prep baseball playoff races are shaping up
- Suburban Propane’s Player of the Week: Matt Lopez
- Hundreds take part in annual Daffodil Run
- Nevada Union’s Sumner signs to wrestle at Utah Valley University