150-plus unite, hundreds of dollars raised at fifth annual Jim Rogers Memorial Ride (Video)
February 16, 2014
More than 150 riders got rolling Sunday morning in honor of Jim Rogers.
The fifth annual Jim Rogers Memorial Ride got started in its usual fashion; at the Tour de Nevada City Bike Shop in Nevada City. Riders of all sizes and skill levels on all types of bikes then safely navigated the LeMond Loop.
More than $500 was raised for the Youth Bicyclists of Nevada County, and fun was had by all, said Carolyn Jones-Rogers.
"It was so awesome," she said. "It just amazes me, I can't believe it. So many people, the energy, everyone is happy, and they were all doing it for the right reasons, and I just appreciate every body."
In 2010, Jim Rogers, a beloved bicycle enthusiast and longtime road racer, was tragically killed by a distracted driver while riding his bike on Highway 174.
Trending In: Sports
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business