150-plus unite, hundreds of dollars raised at fifth annual Jim Rogers Memorial Ride (Video)
February 16, 2014
More than 150 riders got rolling Sunday morning in honor of Jim Rogers.
The fifth annual Jim Rogers Memorial Ride got started in its usual fashion; at the Tour de Nevada City Bike Shop in Nevada City. Riders of all sizes and skill levels on all types of bikes then safely navigated the LeMond Loop.
More than $500 was raised for the Youth Bicyclists of Nevada County, and fun was had by all, said Carolyn Jones-Rogers.
"It was so awesome," she said. "It just amazes me, I can't believe it. So many people, the energy, everyone is happy, and they were all doing it for the right reasons, and I just appreciate every body."
In 2010, Jim Rogers, a beloved bicycle enthusiast and longtime road racer, was tragically killed by a distracted driver while riding his bike on Highway 174.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Nevada Union blanked by Bulldogs
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Lady Miners enjoying best season in years, set to face Rocklin on Pink Night
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Nora Pizzella helps Chico State XC to 2nd place finish in Washington
- IN THE WAKE OF THE WEEK: Humphers now in the 200 club; NBA hoops coming soon
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River rallies late, edges Foothill for 1st league win (VIDEO)