April 5, 2013
Willis Lozelle Zimmerman passed away Feb. 9, 2013, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 95.
There will not be any services. He was buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles.
Willis was born Jan. 20, 1918, to Clifford Galen Zimmerman and Bertha Amalia Hoerlein Zimmerman in Illinois. He got a B.S. in industrial management from the University of Illinois. He married Phyllis Jeanette Grusd Jan. 21, 1945. Willis worked for more than 40 years in the aerospace industry, including Lockheed Aircraft Corporation during WWII. He was an avid UCLA sports fan, always cheering on his Bruins in basketball and football; he also loved camping and working on cars.
Willis is survived by his son, Thomas (Robin) Zimmerman, of Nevada City, Calif.; daughter Kathleen Zimmerman of Los Angeles; sister Mary Von Geldern of Corona Del Mar, Calif.; granddaughters Laura Zimmerman of Los Angeles, Emily Keenan of San Diego and Sage Zimmerman of Colfax, Calif.
He is preceded in death by his wife of 67 years, Phyllis Zimmerman, who died Dec. 13, 2012; and his parents, Clifford and Bertha Zimmerman.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation