April 5, 2013
Willis Lozelle Zimmerman passed away Feb. 9, 2013, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 95.
There will not be any services. He was buried at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles.
Willis was born Jan. 20, 1918, to Clifford Galen Zimmerman and Bertha Amalia Hoerlein Zimmerman in Illinois. He got a B.S. in industrial management from the University of Illinois. He married Phyllis Jeanette Grusd Jan. 21, 1945. Willis worked for more than 40 years in the aerospace industry, including Lockheed Aircraft Corporation during WWII. He was an avid UCLA sports fan, always cheering on his Bruins in basketball and football; he also loved camping and working on cars.
Willis is survived by his son, Thomas (Robin) Zimmerman, of Nevada City, Calif.; daughter Kathleen Zimmerman of Los Angeles; sister Mary Von Geldern of Corona Del Mar, Calif.; granddaughters Laura Zimmerman of Los Angeles, Emily Keenan of San Diego and Sage Zimmerman of Colfax, Calif.
He is preceded in death by his wife of 67 years, Phyllis Zimmerman, who died Dec. 13, 2012; and his parents, Clifford and Bertha Zimmerman.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo