William Maguire Sr.
November 29, 2012
William M Maguire Sr. passed away Nov. 7 at the age of 85.
A memorial will take place Dec. 8 at 11 a.m. at the Trinity Episcopal Church in Nevada City. A reception will follow at the Forest Springs Mobile Home Park clubhouse.
Mr. Maguire was born March 19, 1927, to Harrel and Thelma Maguire and had a younger brother, Donald. He married Iva Foreman of Nevada City in 1947.
William briefly served in the U.S. Navy during WWII and went on to become an architect with hobbies, including hunting and camping.
He is survived by his wife, Iva; daughters Cathleen and Sharon; sons William and Darin. He had 12 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his son Kevin.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana