William Henry Weldon
August 21, 2013
William Henry Weldon passed away on July 28, 2013. He was 92.
William was born in Richmond, Calif., on December 13, 1920, to Clifford and May Weldon. He went to Contra Costa West Junior College and received his associates degree. After college, he enlisted in the U.S. Navy where he met his wife, Kathryn Adamec; in November 1943, they got married.
He was a police officer for the Richmond Police Department and then became a Highway Patrol officer.
He was a member of Masonic Lodge #23 in Grass Valley. He enjoyed playing golf, tennis and traveling.
He is survived by his wife, Kathryn Weldon of Grass Valley; son, William Weldon of Dutch Flat; granddaughter, Raquel Norton of Stateline, Nev.; grandsons David Weldon of La Mesa, Justin Weldon of Los Angeles and Brandon Weldon of Orange; great-grandchildren Wyatt Weldon, Austin, Hughston and Payton Norton.
He was preceded in death by his daughter, Verna; sisters Jean, Vern and Jess; and his brother, Glen.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table