November 29, 2012
William Pete Carman passed away Nov. 22, 2012, in Auburn, Calif. He was 88.
Per his request, no services will take place.
He was born April 3, 1924, in Auburn. He attended Magnolia School, where he graduated high school. Pete married Margaret Maloney in Reno, Nev., Dec. 1, 1956.
He spent his whole life as a cowboy, working for several ranches in the area, while building his own Cow-Calf operation with his wife. He retired from Nevada Irrigation District, after 17 years with it. After that, he worked solely on his own ranch, taking cows to summer range in the mountains above Georgetown, where he stayed with them. He was a lifetime member of the Nevada County Horsemen, past president and member of the Tahoe Cattlemen's Association, where he was voted Cattleman of the Year in 1989.
He is survived by his wife, Margaret; two sons, Norman and Robert; four grandsons, Justin, Joseph, Matthew and Orren; great-granddaughter Evangeline; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorial contributions may be made to Placer-Nevada Cattlewomen, Scholarship Fund, 16393 Bush Road, Nevada City, CA 95959.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week