August 9, 2013
Wellesley Horace Lahr passed away on June 15, 2013. He was 82.
Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. July 5 at Truth Worship Church, 1784 Ridge Road, Grass Valley. He will be laid to rest in the Paradise Cemetery at a later date.
Wellesley was born Feb. 12, 1931, in Fresno, Calif., to William Arthur and Anna Mae Lahr.
At the age of 17, he enlisted in the Navy and was onboard the USS Lamoille River.
For 25 years, he was a barber. He enjoyed motorcycles, his grandchildren, gardening, restoring old cars and the 49ers.
He is survived by his sons Doug (Crystal) Lahr of Santa Cruz, Wade (Carrie) Lahr of Grass Valley; daughter Delane (Kevin) Lahr-Butt of Las Vegas; daughter-in-law Becky Lahr; sisters Joyce (Bob) Wallace and Shirley (Jerry) Reading; brothers Donald (Angie) Lahr and Ronald (Ethel) Lahr; grandchildren Amanda, Clayton, Jennifer, Garrett, Dylan, Chelsey, Heather, Derick, Brittany and Stacia; and 12 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his daughter Valerie Lahr; brother Billy Lahr; and great-grandson Jayce Lopin.
Thank you to the staff at Golden Empire for all their help and care.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier