February 11, 2013
Our dad, affectionately known to many people as "Big Wally" (Richardson) passed away peacefully on Feb. 4, 2013, in Auburn, Calif., from complications due to pneumonia. He was 85.
We were there with him when it happened, and glad that he got to watch and enjoy the Super Bowl game. He'd never missed one in 47 years.
Mom is doing well, and we daughters are, as well. He will, of course, be greatly missed.
He was born Sept. 16, 1927, in Santa Barbara, Calif., to Harold and Esther Richardson. Wally married the love of his life, Dorothy Richardson, Jan. 21, 1951, in Santa Barbara, Calif. They were married for 62 years.
Wally is survived by his wife, Dorothy Richardson; daughters, Lesley Deutsch, Rebecca Kaper and Wendy Lacy.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball