February 11, 2013
Our dad, affectionately known to many people as "Big Wally" (Richardson) passed away peacefully on Feb. 4, 2013, in Auburn, Calif., from complications due to pneumonia. He was 85.
We were there with him when it happened, and glad that he got to watch and enjoy the Super Bowl game. He'd never missed one in 47 years.
Mom is doing well, and we daughters are, as well. He will, of course, be greatly missed.
He was born Sept. 16, 1927, in Santa Barbara, Calif., to Harold and Esther Richardson. Wally married the love of his life, Dorothy Richardson, Jan. 21, 1951, in Santa Barbara, Calif. They were married for 62 years.
Wally is survived by his wife, Dorothy Richardson; daughters, Lesley Deutsch, Rebecca Kaper and Wendy Lacy.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)