February 11, 2013
Our dad, affectionately known to many people as "Big Wally" (Richardson) passed away peacefully on Feb. 4, 2013, in Auburn, Calif., from complications due to pneumonia. He was 85.
We were there with him when it happened, and glad that he got to watch and enjoy the Super Bowl game. He'd never missed one in 47 years.
Mom is doing well, and we daughters are, as well. He will, of course, be greatly missed.
He was born Sept. 16, 1927, in Santa Barbara, Calif., to Harold and Esther Richardson. Wally married the love of his life, Dorothy Richardson, Jan. 21, 1951, in Santa Barbara, Calif. They were married for 62 years.
Wally is survived by his wife, Dorothy Richardson; daughters, Lesley Deutsch, Rebecca Kaper and Wendy Lacy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth