Victor A Sherrin
September 12, 2013
Victor A Sherrin passed away peacefully on Sept. 4, 2013, of heart failure.
He was born March 5, 1929, in San Francisco. He married Lillis Engelhardt, his best friend, and they were married for 63 devoted years. He served in the Air Force for four years. One year of that was spent in Korea as a machinist.
He had three children — Michael Sherrin, Judy Cramer and Jenny Peterson. He had 10 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. His son, Michael, passed away on Sept. 29, 2012, of ALS.
After working for 30 years as a sheet metal fabricator at Varian Aerograph, he retired to the Smartsville area where he and Lillis built their home, and he helped her with wildlife rescue. He enjoyed driving his 1972 El Camino with his two dogs, boating and camping with his family.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week