December 21, 2012
Vaughan Eric Martindale passed away on December 12, 2012. He was 43.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Dec, 17, 2012, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif.
A reception will be held following the service from 4-6 p.m. at the Horseman's Club, 10600 Bubbling Wells Road in Grass Valley.
Born in Montgomery, Ala., on Aug. 13, 1969, his childhood was spent moving from duty station to duty station as a son in a military family. He settled in Grass Valley and was a resident for 22 years. He also lived in Yuba City, Calif. for 2 years where worked at Applebee's.
He worked at several restaurants including Main Street, Maria's, and most recently at The Trolley Junction at the Northern Queen in Nevada City. Vaughan was a recent graduate of Sierra College and was pursuing a degree in sociology at Chico State.
He is survived by his mother and stepfather, Gloria and David Hudspeth of Yuba City; a daughter, McKenna Martindale; ason, Tyler Martindale; brothers, Paul Martindale Jr. and James Hudspeth; and granddaughters, Emma and Chloe Melvin.
He was preceded in death by his father, Paul Martindale; and daughter, Alicia Melvin.
A facebook page is at: http://www.facebook.com/InLovingMemoryOfVaughnMartindale
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local