February 27, 2013
Tim Carlyle passed away peacefully on Feb. 16, 2013, at home in Nevada City surrounded by his family. He was 69.
Visitation will be from 3-4:30 p.m. today at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif.
Tim was born July 31, 1943, to Eric Carlyle and Ella Fenn in Daly City, Calif. He went to Jefferson High School in Daly City. He was a proud member of the U.S. Army.
On July 24, 1972, Tim married Jackie in Los Gatos, Calif. He worked at Litton Industries in San Carlos, Calif., for 40 years. He liked to read and was a Free and Accepted Mason.
Tim is survived by his wife, Jackie of Nevada City; daughter, Janet Shimnoski of Grass Valley; grandsons, Jacob Shimnoski of Nevada City and Alex Napier of Nevada City.
He is preceded in death by his father, Eric Carlyle of San Francisco; mother, Ella Carlyle of San Jose; sister, Verna McIntosh of San Mateo.
Please make all memorial contributions to Hospice of the Foothills, 11270 Rough and Ready Hwy., Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Arrangements are being handled by Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site