February 27, 2013
Tim Carlyle passed away peacefully on Feb. 16, 2013, at home in Nevada City surrounded by his family. He was 69.
Visitation will be from 3-4:30 p.m. today at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif.
Tim was born July 31, 1943, to Eric Carlyle and Ella Fenn in Daly City, Calif. He went to Jefferson High School in Daly City. He was a proud member of the U.S. Army.
On July 24, 1972, Tim married Jackie in Los Gatos, Calif. He worked at Litton Industries in San Carlos, Calif., for 40 years. He liked to read and was a Free and Accepted Mason.
Tim is survived by his wife, Jackie of Nevada City; daughter, Janet Shimnoski of Grass Valley; grandsons, Jacob Shimnoski of Nevada City and Alex Napier of Nevada City.
He is preceded in death by his father, Eric Carlyle of San Francisco; mother, Ella Carlyle of San Jose; sister, Verna McIntosh of San Mateo.
Please make all memorial contributions to Hospice of the Foothills, 11270 Rough and Ready Hwy., Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Arrangements are being handled by Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public