December 8, 2012
Thomas Retzer Smith died on Nov.23, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 87.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012, at Unity in the Gold Country, 180 Cambridge Court, Grass Valley.
Tom was born on Feb. 3, 1925, in Downieville, Calif. After graduating from Downieville High School in 1942, Tom joined the Navy. In 1945, Tom married his high school sweetheart, Auralee Strand, of Goodyears Bar, Calif.
Tom graduated from San Jose State with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering in 1952 and worked as a construction engineer for over 30 years.
Tom and Auralee were married for 65 years when she passed away in 2011.
He is survived by his children, Christine Reynolds, Beverly Jordan and Paul Smith; grandchildren, Jess and Matt Reynolds, Timothy, Tessa and Paul Jordan, Jeremy and Lucas Smith; and great-grandchild, Milo Reynolds.
Tom will also be remembered fondly by his large extended family and his many friends near and far.
Arrangements in care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say