October 17, 2012
Thomas Jablonski lost his battle with cancer Sept. 29, 2012, at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital. He was surrounded by friends in his final hours. He was 70.
A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012, at Unity in the Gold Country Spiritual Center, 180 Cambridge Court, Grass Valley, Calif.
Thomas was born Sept. 5, 1942, in the state of Illinois. Most people will remember Thomas as the jovial grocery checker at Grocery Outlet. He was also a loyal patron of Paulette's Country Kitchen. Thomas was also well known by all the staff at the CalNeva Casino in Reno. He loved to play slot machines for hours at a time. Thomas is leaving behind an overflowing drawer full of first-place ribbons from the Nevada County Fair. For many years he entered pies, vegetables, crafts and his famous Bread & Butter Pickles. Thomas was a veteran of the United States military. He was a member of Unity in the Gold Country Spiritual Center. He also belonged to Nevada County Pride. Thomas was married June 21, 2008, in Nevada County and is survived by his spouse William Nicholas Bahlman.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the charity of your choice.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial