July 16, 2013
Theda Martins, of Grass Valley, passed away on June 1, 2013. She was 92.
A service will be 11 a.m. on Aug. 3, 2013, at St. Canice Church in Nevada City.
Theda was born on April 8, 1921, in Woodland, Calif. to Enrico Pagani and Florence Vaca.
She was descended from California's earliest pioneers, the Vaca family, who settled in the Central Valley (Vacaville) in the 1800s. She graduated from Holy Rosary Academy Woodland and had a culinary career in the East Bay area and Services for the Disabled of Nevada County.
Family and friends were very important to her, hosting holidays and special events at her home in the Grass Valley she shared with her beloved husband of 53 years, Lawrence Martins.
Theda loved life and shared it with all she knew. She will be missed by her family and friends who loved her very much. After retirement, she performed voluntary work for the 49er Auxiliary Fire Department in Nevada City.
She is survived by her husband Lawrence Martins; sons Charles and Michael martins; sister Carmen Gumbotto; grandchildren Gregg Marshall and Amanda Martins; great-grandchildren Jordan and Andrew Marshall and Aiden Scott Lane; daughters-in-law Shirley and Silvia Martins and Linda Curry.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo