November 27, 2012
Sylver M. Frank passed away on Nov. 13, 2012, at Mercy San Juan Hospital in Sacramento, Calif. She was 95.
Services will be graveside at 10 am. Saturday, Nov 17, 2012, at the Loney-Sanford Ranch Cemetery, 27584 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley, Calif.
Sylver was born April 28, 1917 at Pilliard Ranch in Auburn, Calif., to Walter and Anna Sanford. Sylver graduated from Grass Valley High School in 1936.
She attended beauty school and received her license of cosmetology in 1937 and went to work at Wanda's Beauty Shop in Grass Valley in 1938.
She married Don Frank on April 25, 1943, in Reno, Nev. She was a beauty operator until 1992 when she retired. In retirement Sylver and Don enjoyed spending family time at the family Sanford Ranch. We will miss our beloved Sylver and all the joy she brought.
Sylver is survived by her nephew, Frank (Cheri) Quishenberry and their children John, Jennifer and Deila; niece, Lucinda (Kevin) Groce and their children, Derek and Melonie; niece by choice, Beverly (David) Rasmussen , Family by choice Bob and Syndy Harris and their children, Robert, Zachary, Colby, and Jacob Paul; and numerous great great nieces and nephews.
Sylver was preceded in death by her husband Donald Frank, her husband of 64 years; her parents Walter and Anna Sanford, brother, Paul and his wife Dorothy.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later