November 27, 2012
Sylver M. Frank passed away on Nov. 13, 2012, at Mercy San Juan Hospital in Sacramento, Calif. She was 95.
Services will be graveside at 10 am. Saturday, Nov 17, 2012, at the Loney-Sanford Ranch Cemetery, 27584 McCourtney Road in Grass Valley, Calif.
Sylver was born April 28, 1917 at Pilliard Ranch in Auburn, Calif., to Walter and Anna Sanford. Sylver graduated from Grass Valley High School in 1936.
She attended beauty school and received her license of cosmetology in 1937 and went to work at Wanda's Beauty Shop in Grass Valley in 1938.
She married Don Frank on April 25, 1943, in Reno, Nev. She was a beauty operator until 1992 when she retired. In retirement Sylver and Don enjoyed spending family time at the family Sanford Ranch. We will miss our beloved Sylver and all the joy she brought.
Sylver is survived by her nephew, Frank (Cheri) Quishenberry and their children John, Jennifer and Deila; niece, Lucinda (Kevin) Groce and their children, Derek and Melonie; niece by choice, Beverly (David) Rasmussen , Family by choice Bob and Syndy Harris and their children, Robert, Zachary, Colby, and Jacob Paul; and numerous great great nieces and nephews.
Sylver was preceded in death by her husband Donald Frank, her husband of 64 years; her parents Walter and Anna Sanford, brother, Paul and his wife Dorothy.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teardown begins for Tractor Supply Company in Grass Valley
- Lack of inventory continues to drive higher price of homes in Nevada County
- Nevada County prosecutor: Child sex suspect caught at airport
- Property purchase first step in improving pedestrian access to downtown Grass Valley (MAP)
- Grass Valley woman charged after dog dies in hot car