January 4, 2013
Susan Ilene Sims died Feb. 16, 2011, in San Antonio, Texas. She was 56.
A memorial service for Susie will be held at First Memorial Park Cemetery in San Antonio in the spring.
Born Dec. 13, 1955, Susie grew up in the San Fernando Valley in Canoga Park, Calif. She lived briefly on the San Juan Ridge in 1979. Drawn by her cowgirl roots, she loved horses, cowboys and the lands of the West.
She is survived by her sister, Mary Sims of Carson City, Nev.; brother, Jerry (Cathy) Sims of San Diego; sister, Theresa Sims (Michael) Ciafardoni of North San Juan; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Amy Patricia Hanzlik Sims in 1979 and father Henry Palmer Sims in 2005
In death, as in life, she is missed and she is loved.
Individuals with information about Susie's disappearance, or her final days, are urged to contact the Sims Family, at P.O. Box 541, North San Juan, CA 95960.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana