January 4, 2013
Susan Ilene Sims died Feb. 16, 2011, in San Antonio, Texas. She was 56.
A memorial service for Susie will be held at First Memorial Park Cemetery in San Antonio in the spring.
Born Dec. 13, 1955, Susie grew up in the San Fernando Valley in Canoga Park, Calif. She lived briefly on the San Juan Ridge in 1979. Drawn by her cowgirl roots, she loved horses, cowboys and the lands of the West.
She is survived by her sister, Mary Sims of Carson City, Nev.; brother, Jerry (Cathy) Sims of San Diego; sister, Theresa Sims (Michael) Ciafardoni of North San Juan; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Amy Patricia Hanzlik Sims in 1979 and father Henry Palmer Sims in 2005
In death, as in life, she is missed and she is loved.
Individuals with information about Susie's disappearance, or her final days, are urged to contact the Sims Family, at P.O. Box 541, North San Juan, CA 95960.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local