June 27, 2013
Sherman W. Hyatt passed away May 5, 2013. in Reno, Nev., where he had been receiving medical treatment at the Veterans hospital. He was 68.
He was born in Camp Lejeune, N.C., where his father was stationed at the Marine base. He lived most of his life in Penn Valley, Grass valley, Marysville and the Reno area, mainly as a truck driver.
His parents were Mr. and Mrs. Floyd E. Hyatt. They lived in Penn Valley for 50 years on Spenceville Road.
Sherman is survived by sisters Nancy Pozos of La Quinta, Calif., Meredith Christman of Cedar Ridge and La Netta Smith of Grass Valley; and numerous nieces and nephews.
He will be missed by all. "May his spirit rest in peace."
In accordance with his wishes, there will be no funeral service.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit