February 5, 2013
Scott Phillip Brooks passed peacefully while in the loving care of the staff and volunteers at Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley.
His last wishes were for a small, private ceremony spreading his ashes at some beautiful spot somewhere in the locale he considered "God's country."
A native Californian, Scott was born in Castro Valley, but grew up in San Leandro and Walnut Creek. He received his higher education from St. Mary's College of California and had a long, successful career as an accountant.
cott lived for many years in the Bay Area, in Palm Springs and in New Mexico before eventually retiring to Grass Valley.
Always the optimist believing tomorrow would be better; Scott was a survivor, who fought the good fight against a variety of serious illnesses for many years. Let us pray he has finally found the peace he so richly deserves.
Scott is preceded in death by his father, Keith, and mother, Rosalynd, with whom he shared a love of gardening and making things grow, especially roses. He is survived by his brother and his family, a small group of close-knit friends and his beloved companions, his dogs, Harley and Roxy. He was an avid traveler who enjoyed visiting new places and sharing the experience of the desert and ocean.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court