June 24, 2013
Ruth Robinson passed away peacefully Tuesday, June 4, 2013, at the Golden Empire Convalescent Home after a brief illness.
Services will be 1 p.m., Friday, June 7, 2013, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City.
Born in Winterset, Iowa, on Feb. 25, 1926, to Clyde and Laurel Butler Bane, Ruth moved to Covina, Calif., when she was 3 years old. After graduating from Covina High School, she met and married Robert Robinson. Married for 51 years, they are sweethearts forever.
Ruth was a member of the Rebekah Lodge for more than 50 years, serving as noble grand, district deputy president and state musician.
In 1984, Bob and Ruth retired to Nevada City, where they built their dream home and enjoyed good times with their cousins and neighbors.
Ruth loved music, gardening, the forest and laughter.
Ruth is survived by her daughter, Laurene Alian; grandsons Michael Alian (Sean) and Justin Alian (Jessi); and great-grandchildren Kaylee and Caden Alian.
She is predeceased by her loving husband, Bob.
Arrangements under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana