April 3, 2014
Ruth Patten passed away in Medford, Ore., on March 27, 2014.
Ruth Shroyer Rankin Patten was born on Sept. 28, 1923, in Los Angeles.
She lived in California her entire life, moving to Grass Valley from Southern California with her husband, Phil Patten, in 1980.
She and Phil were married over 50 years before his passing in 2003.
In her later years, Ruth loved to travel with her best friend, Marg Castle, visiting China, Africa and South America.
She made many lifelong friends in Grass Valley through her love of bridge, golf and volunteering.
Ruth is survived by her son, Mark, her three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip