April 3, 2014
Ruth Patten passed away in Medford, Ore., on March 27, 2014.
Ruth Shroyer Rankin Patten was born on Sept. 28, 1923, in Los Angeles.
She lived in California her entire life, moving to Grass Valley from Southern California with her husband, Phil Patten, in 1980.
She and Phil were married over 50 years before his passing in 2003.
In her later years, Ruth loved to travel with her best friend, Marg Castle, visiting China, Africa and South America.
She made many lifelong friends in Grass Valley through her love of bridge, golf and volunteering.
Ruth is survived by her son, Mark, her three grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash