January 16, 2013
Ruth Ann Hardesty, born Nov. 12, 1920, in Pittsburgh, passed away Jan. 4, 2013, at the home she shared with her son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter in Grass Valley.
Despite being afflicted with multiple sclerosis from the age of 26, Ruth worked hard all her life, raising her son, taking care of her aging mother and helping to bring up her grandchildren. Ruth described her personality as "upbeat" and remained so throughout her life. One of Ruth's greatest passions was reading the newspaper every day. Although fully informed of society's ills and injustices, Ruth, a staunch liberal Democrat, was at all times optimistic about the future.
She is survived by her son, John, daughter-in-law Anne Moore and granddaughters Molly Hardesty-Moore and Terri Hardesty.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton