Russell G. Knapp
July 15, 2013
Russ passed away at home with his wife by his side on June 21, 2013, after fighting a courageous battle with cancer.
A funeral service will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 1, 2013, at Oak Hill's Chapel of the Oaks in San Jose, with a graveside service to follow.
A longtime resident of San Jose, Russ was employed with Lockheed Martin for 38 years before retiring in 1996.
He was a member of the Romin Angel's Car Club and was a classic car enthusiast and an avid outdoorsman.
He is survived by his loving wife Adelia "Dee" of 48 years; sons Everett (Kristy) and Eric (Debbie); and grandchildren Joshua, Dylan, Blake and Ava.
He was preceded in death by his parents Everett G. and Margaret F. Knapp; and his granddaughter, Olivia.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his name to Hospice of the Foothills, http://www.hospiceofthefoothills.org or to Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Cancer Center at SNMH Foundation, P.O. Box 1810, Grass Valley, Calif. 95945, 530-477-9700. Please specify the donation be to the Cancer Center.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants