November 8, 2012
Ronald Lewis Sturgell passed away on Oct. 27, 2012 at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 70.
There will be a memorial service at 11 a.m. Nov. 10, 2012, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. A celebration of Ron's life will follow at the Northern Mine Building at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, Grass Valley, Calif. Friends and family are welcome to come join us to share stories and celebrate Ron's life.
Ron was born Oct. 23, 1942, in Kokomo, Ind., to Stella and Ivan. He had a love of Nevada County History and has been able to preserve its integrity with his collection of photos he has acquired throughout the years. He will be missed dearly and his contagious laugh will never be forgotten…
He is survived by his wife of 40 years, Elaine Sturgell; daughter, Christine (Bob) Page; grandson, Michael Page; brothers, John and Mike Sturgell, Kirk and Steve Richey; sisters, Renee Guerrero and Sue Coudert.
Ron is preceded in death by his mother, Stella Richey and father, Virgil Richey.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans