Ronald Lee ”Ron” Smith
April 12, 2013
Ron went home to be with the Lord on April 7, 2013. He was 85.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City, California.
He was born in Wisconsin on January 8, 1928. Ron worked as a brick and stone mason. His beautiful work can be seen in Northern and
Southern California. He served his country's Navy as a fireman, 2nd class in the Pacific Theater. He entered service January 8, 1946 and
received his training at Great Lakes Naval Station. Ron was aboard the USS Panamint AGC 13 enroute to Bikini Atoll to take part in the forthcoming atom bomb tests. He will be remembered for his sense of adventure, love of music, history and his passionate storytelling.
He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Joanne; his four children, Marla, Doug, Dawn and Kristy; their spouses; grandchildren, Felicia, Marlon, Majeck, Michael, Kayla, Sean, Hayley, Wyatt, Scott and Austin; and several great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by his father, Don; his mother,Lila; his sister, Caroline; and his daughter, Sandy.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance