November 30, 2012
Ronald Avery passed away Oct. 29, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 66.
Ron was born Feb. 7, 1946, in Bath, N.Y., to Mary and Morris Avery. Ron served his country in the U.S. Army, stationed in Germany; he received the National Defense Service medal. He was a long-term member of the Moose Lodge and a close friend to many, many people. Ron loved to camp, fish, hunt and play pool.
He is survived by his mother, Mary Avery of Grass Valley; sisters Bonnie Ortega of Roseville and Victoria Avery of Grass Valley; his children, Todd Allen Avery of Birmingham, Ala., Aaron Daniel Avery of Amelia, Va., Cassandra Caylene Avery of Indiana and Athena Renee Walker of Amelia, Va.; numerous grandchildren; and great-grandchildren; as well as nieces and nephews.
Ron was preceded in death by his wife, Judy.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom