November 30, 2012
Ronald Avery passed away Oct. 29, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 66.
Ron was born Feb. 7, 1946, in Bath, N.Y., to Mary and Morris Avery. Ron served his country in the U.S. Army, stationed in Germany; he received the National Defense Service medal. He was a long-term member of the Moose Lodge and a close friend to many, many people. Ron loved to camp, fish, hunt and play pool.
He is survived by his mother, Mary Avery of Grass Valley; sisters Bonnie Ortega of Roseville and Victoria Avery of Grass Valley; his children, Todd Allen Avery of Birmingham, Ala., Aaron Daniel Avery of Amelia, Va., Cassandra Caylene Avery of Indiana and Athena Renee Walker of Amelia, Va.; numerous grandchildren; and great-grandchildren; as well as nieces and nephews.
Ron was preceded in death by his wife, Judy.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death