Roberta Sue Brown
August 23, 2013
Roberta Sue Brown died Aug. 20, 2013, at Sierra Memorial Hospital. She was 69.
A viewing will be from 1-5 p.m., Aug. 27, 2013, with graveside services at 10 a.m., Aug. 28, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. 95959.
Sue was born Feb. 23, 1944, in Oklahoma City, Okla., to Robert and Lola Williams.
Sue grew up in Oklahoma City and moved to Reno, Nev., in 1978 and met Jim Brown. Jim and Sue married on Oct. 8, 1982, and relocated to Grass Valley in 1986.
Sue worked for the Reno Board of Realtors as a multiple listings secretary until 1985 after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Sue and Jim lived a wonderful life together for 31 years as husband and wife and best friends.
Sue was diagnosed with cancer in January 2013 and fought a valiant battle until her death on Aug. 20.
Sue enjoyed gardening, crocheting, knitting and animals.
Most of all, she enjoyed her life with Jim.
All who knew Sue loved her and will cherish the memory of her.
She is survived by her husband, Jim; children Robert, Raymond, Patty, Tom and Audrey; and eight grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site